Apex Magazine 2016 Subscription Drive
Apex Publications is happy to announce our dates, goals, and rewards for the 2016 Apex Magazine subscription drive.
This year’s drive will run for three weeks – October 24th to November 15th. Full information and updates on how we are doing can be found at http://www.apex-magazine.com/apex-magazine-2016-subscription-drive/
After a very successful subscription drive last November, 2016 has been an absolutely amazing year for Apex Magazine. Looking to 2017, we want build on this year’s success and make it even more spectacular!
To do this we’ve set this year’s Apex Magazine subscription drive goal at $10,000.
By hitting this goal we would be able to go from 12,000 words of original fiction to 16,000 words in each issue. We could also raise the rate that we pay for original fiction and for cover art.
We feel this goal is well within reach, but not without the support of our readers and fans. As an added incentive, we’ve set up rewards that will unlock additional content for the January, 2017 issue of Apex Magazine, creating a double issue as a thank you to all of our supporters.
We already have an impressive lineup of original fiction scheduled for January. Stories by James Beamon, Lia Swope Mitchell, Iori Kusano, and J.J. Litke. The issue will feature two poems, a reprint, and interviews with an Apex author and our cover artist. Our cover artist for January will be Aaron Nakahara.
As we reach goals in our subscription drive we will add the following to the January issue, as well as a couple of rewards that will continue in every issue all year long:
* $500 – a third original poem will be selected by our poetry editor Bianca Spriggs
* $1,000 – a second reprint will be added to the issue
* $2,000 – a new story by Ursula Vernon!
* $2,500 – a fourth original poem
* $3,000 – an interview with Nisi Shawl
* $4,000 – a new story by Nisi Shawl!
* $4,500 – a third reprint
* $5,000 – a second story podcast performed by Mahvesh Murad!
* $5,500 – an interview with John Hornor Jacobs
* $6,000 – a new novelette by John Hornor Jacobs!
* $6,500 – an interview with E. Catherine Tobler about her circus universe
* $7,000 – we will add an additional 2,000 words to each issue of Apex Magazine in 2017, bringing the total up to 14,000 words per issue.
* $7,500 – increase pay rate for original fiction to 7 cents a word
* $8,000 – a new story by E. Catherine Tobler set in her circus universe
* $8,500 – increase cover artist rate to $100
* $9,000 – we will add another additional 2,000 words to each issue of Apex Magazine in 2017, bringing the total up to 16,000 words per issue.
* $10,000 – increase pay rate for original fiction to 8 cents a word
Wow! That is a lot of bonus content with some seriously amazing writers! Help us publish the most epic issue to date and ensure that 2017 will another amazing year for Apex Magazine!
How? Between October 24th and November 15th:
* Subscribe! Yearly subscriptions through Apex and Weightless will be only $17.95 during our drive. Monthly subscriptions are available through Amazon (US) and Amazon (UK).
* Share the love of Apex by purchasing a gift subscription for the scifi lover in your life.
* Become a patron on Patreon. Pledge as little or as much as you want for each issue.
* The tip jar! Chip in one-time to help push us toward our goals!
* Buy past issues of Apex Magazine! Individual issues are available, as well as bundles to get you caught up on any issues you may have missed. * Join our Thunderclap (http://thndr.me/m0Fve2
) and help us spread the news!
APEX PUBLICATIONS (www.apexbookcompany.com
) is a small press dedicated to publishing exemplary works of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Owned and operated by Jason B. Sizemore, Apex publishes the thrice Hugo Award-nominated Apex Magazine. The Apex catalog contains books by genre luminaries such as Damien Angelica Walters, Catherynne M. Valente, and Brian Keene.