Smashwords

In the Company of Ghosts
currently free from...

Kindle USA
Kindle UK
Kobo
OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: What is the worse SF TV series based purely on inconsistencies?  (Read 2682 times)

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello everyone

I was going to do this as a poll but as I also want you folk to give replies, lets's do this as a discussion topic and if there's sufficient choices, maybe a poll to decide what is the worse SF TV series based purely on inconsistencies that stretch even its own sense of belief.

For me, it has to be 'Space: 1999'. Although I can just about see the Moon being blown away from the Earth and even being flung to a more planet populated area of the galaxy via 'The Black Sun' episode, the errors just mount up from there. Probably the classic is Koenig asking Bergman about information about a planet neither of them could know anything about and getting a serious answer. Let's not even attempt to address how quckly they had to make the Moonbase Alpha's windows air-tight again after they opened them in one episode. I haven't even gotten to the second season yet.

Do you think my comments are valid or do you have a worse inconsistent show?
C'mon, what about something like that Australian SF 1960s series 'Phoenix 5' which went seriously down hill after its pilot episode.

Geoff
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:27:43 AM by Geoff the head Uncle »

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What is the worse SF TV series based purely on inconsistencies?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
Hello everyone

As feared, 'Space: 1999' season two is getting far worse than I even remembered a few years ago. The arrogance of the humans wanting to speak to the heads of any planet. Do you suppose you could get such an audience if you came down to Earth without being shot at??

There is also the disappearance of actors from episode to episode, specifically Alan Carter and Tony Verdeschi, both of whom you would think would be in the centre of the action all the time. Saying that, the suggestion that Verdeschi and his perchance for making beer could suggest when missing, he was probably drunk.

I suspect co-producer Fred Freiberger looked at who was being paid what and decided to focus more on Martin Landau and Barbara Bain and minimise the rest.

Let's not even get as far as making sense of the episodes.

Geoff

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
Let's look at Maya. It's even pointed out in one episode that she could only shiftshape into creatures she's seen for real. So where is the menagerie on Moonbase Alpha for her to copy??

Geoff

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »
C'mon, folks, there must be some other contenders.

Geoff

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »