Smashwords

In the Company of Ghosts
currently free from...

Kindle USA
Kindle UK
Kobo
OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: Marple with Julia McKenzie is coming back (as in 'Miss')  (Read 437 times)

JennyPea

• View Profile
Marple with Julia McKenzie is coming back (as in 'Miss')
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »
ITV has told us that stage and television actress Julia McKenzie is to return to her role as Miss Marple. Three Marple films including Caribbean Mystery have been commissioned from ITV Studios and Agatha Christie Ltd. 

A Caribbean Mystery will be the first film to be shot during the summer of 2012 with two further films Endless Night and The Seven Dials Mystery produced during the autumn of 2012.  A Caribbean Mystery finds Miss Marple far from St Mary Mead, staying in a luxurious hotel in the tropics.  Fellow guest Major Palgrave dies shortly in suspicious circumstances and Miss Marple must find his killer…

As Miss Marple, Julia McKenzie’s tour de force performance perfectly captures Agatha Christie’s iconic detective, the apparently sweet natured spinster who secretly has a razor sharp mind of detection.

“It’s a huge privilege for me to play Miss Marple,” said Julia.  “After such a successful career I was content to play guest roles, but then Marple came along.  How could I not play her?  I love her shrewd intelligence, and yet she has a warmth and a sweetness that is so disarming. I find it stimulating watching how her insights into human nature can unlock big complex mysteries.  I’m delighted to be back,” added Julia.
The new Marple films have been commissioned by ITV’s Drama Commissioning team Laura Mackie and Sally Haynes.

“We love re-visiting Marple because we know how much the ITV1 audience appreciate a good murder mystery,” said Laura.  “Its great news that Julia is to reprise a role she’s very much made her own.  With Julia at the helm, we know we’ll attract another stellar cast to appear alongside her.” 

Damien Timmer, executive producer commented, “We’re delighted to be producing three new Marple films for the ITV1 audience. We all adore working with Julia – she’s a consummate professional and she has the character of Jane Marple crafted to perfection.”

Michele Buck, executive producer concluded, “We fully intend to maintain our reputation for adapting Agatha Christie’s fascinating stories to the highest standard and attracting a first rate guest cast.”

Mathew Prichard, Chairman of Agatha Christie Limited and Agatha Christie’s grandson said: “We look forward to three more Marple films with Julia McKenzie playing Miss Marple.  These three are classic Christie stories and will be a treat for audiences all over the world.”

The Marple stories are co-produced by ITV Studios and Agatha Christie Ltd. Mammoth Screen’s Michele Buck and Damien Timmer executive produce Marple on behalf of ITV Studios.  Mathew Prichard is executive producer on behalf of Agatha Christie Ltd. 
ITV Studios Global Entertainment holds international distribution rights.

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine

Marple with Julia McKenzie is coming back (as in 'Miss')
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »