Smashwords

In the Company of Ghosts
currently free from...

Kindle USA
Kindle UK
Kobo
OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo partners with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.  (Read 667 times)

Relabb

• I have been a SFF fan for as long as I have lived.
    • View Profile
Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo, a multimedia pop culture, comic book, horror and gaming convention in Los Angeles, has announced a partnership with Cassandra Peterson, best known for her character, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

Like Stan Lee, Cassandra Peterson was a Guest of Honor at 2011's inaugural Comikaze Expo. Impressed by Comikaze's success, and Stan Lee's role, Peterson wanted to be involved. The Elvira creator is taking a very active position in the planning of the pop-culture expo. Peterson and Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo plan on creating interactive content unlike any other convention.

"Elvira is part of our pop culture history. Not only is Cassandra Peterson a pretty face, but she is also brings so much to the table. She's one of the most brilliant businesswomen of our time, and has some fantastic ideas. I am so proud to call her our partner. I like to think of her as Mistress of the Board," said Stan Lee's Comikaze CEO Regina Carpinelli.

Peterson and the Stan Lee's Comikaze team are launching an interactive webseries & film festival for the show, taking place September 15-16th 2012, called Elvira's Horror Hunt. Aspiring and amateur filmmakers will submit their videos to Comikaze. A team of judges will evaluate them, and the top 10 will be picked-or panned by Elvira and her co-host, Peaches Christ, on the hilarious new web series, Horror Hunt.  A final winner will be chosen and flown out to LA. The winner will receive a red carpet premier at the historic Vista Theater, as well as an official screening at Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo. They will also be featured as a guest at Comikaze.

More over at www.comikazeexpo.com

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine