OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: 'ello  (Read 2061 times)

Alizarin

• View Profile
'ello
« on: March 27, 2010, 04:54:49 PM »
Hi *wave*

I'm Alizarin (not really but hey, it's the Internet and all). I've been a big sci-fi and fantasy fan since I was a kid. When I was growing up I wanted to live in the Star Wars universe, then up until quite recently I still kind of wanted to live in the Star Wars universe (or maybe on Discworld), then a couple of years ago I read my first Iain M Banks novel and decided if I was going to live anywhere else it would be The Culture universe.

I've been a gamer since way back when we had to use the funny shaped dice (AD&D, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, CofC), and these days of course it's MMORPGs. Most recently I was a beta tester for Star Trek Online, and most evenings I hang around that really big game of Blizzard's.

I had a little poke around before posting and was really happy to see a mention of Abney Park in the Steampunk section.

Looking forward to Secrets of the Fire Sea when it's in paperback (hardbacks are too heavy to carry around!)

TMI?

shunt12

• View Profile
    • Stephen Hunt Author's site
Re: 'ello
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:43:28 AM »
Hi Alizarin

Come on now, old bean, if you purchase the hardback of Secrets of the Fire Sea, rather than waiting for the paperback, I get more royalties.

I have children to feed, pets, sheep, goats, and the CIA are still blackmailing me over that job that went wrong in Russia.

I am counting on you here, sir!

Stephen

www.StephenHunt.net

Alizarin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:31 AM »
Ok, as you asked so nicely I will consider the hardback :)

Lucky for you I start a new job tomorrow which will not require lugging a good book around!

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:31 AM »