Smashwords

In the Company of Ghosts
currently free from...

Kindle USA
Kindle UK
Kobo
OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: Problems with reading a pdf on-line?? Here's a solution.  (Read 1328 times)

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Problems with reading a pdf on-line?? Here's a solution.
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:08:30 AM »
              You know how it is, you see one thing as you think it is and assume everyone has a similar problem.
Case in point is the Adobe software not letting me read pdf files direct off the Net. Once a pdf is downloaded, everything is fine and it works. I even checked the settings to see if there was anything I turned on by mistake. You would still have to put a pdf file to see any settings and hope that there was something general there.
   Anyway, today I systematically uninstalled and reinstalled all the Adobe software and used the Reader X again. Downloaded a pdf off the Net perfectly this time and then a message popped up asking whether I wanted to use some old settings it discovered or the default ones.
   I suspect this is what happened with every upgrade, it keeps the old settings and faults they have. Logistically, I can see a lot of people keeping settings that are familiar with…if they are given the option. This time, I kept to default.
   If you’re having a similar problem, then this is the solution.

Geoff

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine

Problems with reading a pdf on-line?? Here's a solution.
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:08:30 AM »