Smashwords

In the Company of Ghosts
currently free from...

Kindle USA
Kindle UK
Kobo
OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: Apex Magazine Editorial Announcement  (Read 1629 times)

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Apex Magazine Editorial Announcement
« on: September 19, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »

Apex Publications' owner/publisher Jason Sizemore made a big announcement today is regard to Apex Magazine. You can read it below:

Dear Apex Magazine Readers,

Within a few months, I will be making an occupational transition that will allow me to focus more on Apex Books and Apex Magazine. This is a huge opportunity, one I’ve been working toward for quite awhile. As part of this transition, I will be stepping in as Apex Magazine‘s editor-in-chief. Sigrid Ellis, by any measure, has done a fantastic job during her tenure as editor-in-chief. She’s a joy to work with, and I have no doubt she will have many great opportunities ahead of her.

Apex will publish the issues as planned and purchased through December 2014. Beginning now, I will be selecting our 2015 magazine content. I will be looking for the same kind of diverse, groundbreaking content that Apex Magazine has become known for publishing.

Apex will honor its commitment to publish the short stories that Sigrid has placed in our inventory for 2015, where and when to be announced soon.

Additionally, Bianca Spriggs will be taking over as our poetry editor. Elise Matthesen has done a wonderful job, and I thank her for giving us her time and talents over the past year.

I hope to keep Sigrid and Elise in the Apex family. In fact, Sigrid and I are discussing various project ideas, and hopefully we’ll have something to announce on that front soon.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thank you for supporting Apex Magazine in the past, the present, and the future!

Sincerely,
Jason Sizemore

APEX PUBLICATIONS (www.apexbookcompany.com) is a small press dedicated to publishing exemplary works of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Owned and operated by Jason B. Sizemore, Apex publishes the twice Hugo Award-nominated Apex Magazine. The Apex catalog contains books by genre luminaries such as Tom Piccirilli, Catherynne M. Valente, and Lavie Tidhar.

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine

Apex Magazine Editorial Announcement
« on: September 19, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »