Smashwords

In the Company of Ghosts
currently free from...

Kindle USA
Kindle UK
Kobo
OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: Is this new Doctor Who a kid or what?  (Read 2514 times)

Demante Smith

• View Profile
Is this new Doctor Who a kid or what?
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:41:10 PM »
Is this new Doctor Who a kid or what?

He looks like he might start shaving next year.

Is this an insult?

Is this a joke being played on Dr Who fans?

Singer

• View Profile
Re: Is this new Doctor Who a kid or what?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »
I know what you mean - maybe he will die in the first ep. and get replaced by John Cleese. Now that would be plot twist!!!!!

Alizarin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:24:04 AM »
I'm not sure if he's even reached puberty yet. I think he got the job because he bears a slight resemblance to Robert Pattinson...why the BBC want to market Dr Who to 12 year old girls though is beyond me!

I'd like to have seen Richard Coyle as number 11.

Vinxlady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »
Richard Coyle would have been fun, though I think he is in many ways quite similar to David Tennant. I also liked the rumours of Paterson Joseph as the next Doctor, the thought of a slightly darker Marquis de Carabas style Doctor makes me grin.

Still, I'm prepared to give Matt Smith a chance. My heart sank when I saw that Catherine Tate would be a companion, the thought of her running around saying "am I bovvered" made many fans shudder, but in the end I loved her. The DoctorDonna bit at the end of series 4 was just brilliant. So on the basis of that, and a much better than expected performance from Billie "because we want to" Piper, I'm going to have a little faith in the team behind the show and see how the new guy does this weekend.

I'm equally curious to see how Stephen Moffat will handle the show now he's taken over. I think that Blink (written by SM) was one of the best episodes in the past 4 seasons and hope that we get some more suitably sinister plots in the near future (and the trailer seemed to show the Angels from Blink returning!!!).

Maybe by Monday I'll have more to rant about :-)

Vinx

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »
Having seen the entire series the most obvious thing about Matt Smith is that he has a timeless quality. Chances are that he'll reach his 50s and still look the same way.

Geoff

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »