Smashwords

In the Company of Ghosts
currently free from...

Kindle USA
Kindle UK
Kobo
OnceWasPaper
Smashwords

Author Topic: do you wear band shirts?  (Read 3316 times)

glitter_star

• View Profile
do you wear band shirts?
« on: June 05, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
simple question. do you wear band shirts of the bands you like? personally, i have a ton of band shirts, but i have friends that prefer not to wear them. i take pride in collecting particularily outrageous ones.. but i get most of them from ROCKWORLDEAST

how about you guys... are you a "band shirt kinda guy"?

Geoff the head Uncle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: do you wear band shirts?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
Hello Glitt

I think that question can also be extended to tee-shirts of the SF brand as well.

If everyone wears them and wears them out then the ones left in their bags could be quite valuable in the future.

I've still got an Amazing Spider-Man tee-shirt from getting a letter printed in the last issue of 'Pow And Wham' back in the early 70s. At a small size, it wouldn't have fitted me for long back then so still in reasonable nick.

Geoff

Garsondee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 05:54:43 AM »
The last time I was on tour with A Forest of Stars (Victorian Black Metal Steampunk eat your heart out!) band t-shirts were a bit of a thing.

For a start, bands that were three days into the tour would use their merchandise shirts as spare shirts. Not to mention shirts being swapped between bands instead of being bought. I've also learned that it's a bit of a faux pas to wear your own merchandise, no matter how much it appeals.

Alizarin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 04:34:49 AM »
The last time I was on tour with A Forest of Stars (Victorian Black Metal Steampunk eat your heart out!) band t-shirts were a bit of a thing.

For a start, bands that were three days into the tour would use their merchandise shirts as spare shirts. Not to mention shirts being swapped between bands instead of being bought. I've also learned that it's a bit of a faux pas to wear your own merchandise, no matter how much it appeals.

Whats worse is when bands get back off tour and start wearing the shirts they have left because they can't be arsed to wash anything!!

rubenjohnson

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »
I'm really curious what people who disparage bands shirts think is appropriate to wear. And do you also deprecate sports apparel, ...

SFcrowsnest.net: The genre media magazine

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »